North Eastern Space Applications Centre (NESAC), Umiam is an autonomous body functioning
under the Department of Space and North Eastern Council (NEC) to assist development process
in North Eastern Region using space science and technology. It undertakes specific applications
projects using remote sensing, GIS, satellite communication and conducting space science
research. The Centre’s services are helpful in natural resources management, infrastructure
planning, health, education, disaster management and Earth Observation Applications Mission.
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the following positions on temporary basis under given projects for a period of one year which can be further extended based on the performance of the candidate in the periodical reviews, for a maximum period of 03 (three) years in total or co-terminus with the project, whichever is earlier:
|Post Code No.||No. of posts Name of the Post & Scale of pay||Discipline||No. of Post||Essential Qualification||Desired Credentials|
|Project: North Eastern Region – Disaster Risk Reduction (NER-DRR)|
|RS01||Research Scientist [Level 10]||Electronics and Communication||01||M.E/M.Tech with First Class in Electronics/Electronics Engineering / Electronics & Communication/Electronics & Communication Engineering/Electronics & TeleCommunication/Electronics & Tele-Communication Engineering/ Electronic Design & Technology from a AICTE recognized Engineering College/ Institute/University or equivalent.||Working Experience in SATCOM Applications/ SATCOM Technology/ TeleCommunication/ Mobile Communication/ Wireless & Microwave Communication/ Telecasting/Broadcasting/ Digital e-learning content development.|
|RS02||Research Scientist [Level 10]||Geoscience||01||M.Tech in Geology/Applied Geology / Geophysics or equivalent with pre-qualification of B.Sc with Geology as Main/Major/ Honours subject.
M.Sc in Geology/Applied Geology/ Geophysics or equivalent with pre-qualification of B.Sc with Geology as Main/Major/ Honours subject.
M.Sc (Tech.) in Geology/Applied Geology / Geophysics or equivalent with pre-qualification of B.Sc with Geology as Main/Major/ Honours subject.
|Working experience in Geology/Applied Geology with research related to Ground water depletion study/ landslide early warning/ susceptibility study/ GPS/GNSS/seismic surveying and data processing & analysis/ use of Remote Sensing & GIS.|
|RS03||Research Scientist [Level 10]||Agricultural Disaster||01||M.E/M.Tech in Remote Sensing/ Geo-informatics or equivalent.
M.Sc in Agriculture from a recognized university with degree/ diploma in Remote Sensing and Geographic Information System
B.Sc in any of the Natural Sciences as pre-qualification.
|Working experience in application of Microwave remote sensing, Hyperspectral Remote Sensing, LIDAR data analysis, Programming knowledge in MATLAB, FORTRAN & PYTHON in the field of disaster management support|
|RS04||Research Scientist [Level 10]||Forest Loss Studies||01||M.Tech in Physics/Botany/ Environmental Science or equivalent/ Remote Sensing/ Geoinformatics or equivalent
M.Sc in Physics/Botany/ Environmental Science or equivalent/ Remote Sensing/ Geoinformatics or equivalent.
B.Sc in any of the Natural Sciences as pre-qualification.
|Working knowledge in remote sensing data handling and GIS software, Programming skills preferably Python and Matlab,Ecological/ Environmental modeling / Forest fire studies.|
|RS05||Research Scientist [Level 10]||Weather Forecasting||01||M.Tech in Physics/Meteorology/ Atmospheric Science/Earth Systems Science or in any other subject that is equivalent to these subjects with 1 year research / work experience in any field of Atmospheric Science.
M.Sc in Physics/Meteorology/ Atmospheric Science/Earth Systems Science or in any other subject that is equivalent to these subjects with 1 year research / work experience in any field of Atmospheric Science.
|Working knowledgein Satellite Meteorology, Thunderstorm, Lightning, Numerical Weather Prediction models with programming knowledge in MATLAB, FORTRAN & conversant with LINUX Operating System.|
|RS06||Research Scientist [Level 10]||FLEWS (Flood Early Warning)||01||M.E/M.Tech in Civil Engineering (in Water related specialization)/ Agriculture Engineering (in Water related specialization)/Water Resources/ Water Resources Engineering/Water Resources Management/Hydrology/ Hydraulics/ Watershed Management or equivalent.
M.E/M.Tech in Remote Sensing & Geographic Information System or equivalent (with specialization & dissertation in Water Resources/ Hydrology & related fields) and B.E/B.Tech in Civil Engineering/Agriculture Engineering in First Class.
|Working experience in GIS based Hydrological, Hydraulic and Hydrodynamic modelling|
|RS07||Research Scientist [Level 10]||IT-Systems & Networks, Database/ Web Management||01||M.E/M.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering/Information Technology or equivalent with B.E/ B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering/Information Technology or equivalent in First Class.||Working experience in implementing in the following areas: Systems and Network Management, Skills in cyber security, antivirus and associated auditing tools, hosting and management of operational web application, configuration of FTP/ DNS services, cloud platform and services, etc.|
|RS08||Research Scientist [Level 10]||Remote Sensing & Geographic Information System||01||M.Tech in Geoinformatics/ Geomatics/Remote Sensing and Geographic Information System or equivalent with dissertation/thesis or working experience in Microwave/Hyperspectral/Lidar Remote Sensing data processing/ application.
MSc in Geoinformatics/ Geomatics/Remote Sensing and Geographic Information System or equivalent with dissertation/thesis or working experience in Microwave/ Hyperspectral/Lidar Remote Sensing data processing/ application.
| • Working knowledge in Programming, preferably Python and Matlab.
• Working experience in different applications.
• Research in Geospatial Modelling .
|RS09||Research Scientist [Level 10]||Geoinformatics||01||M.E/M.Tech in Remote Sensing/ Geoinformatics or equivalent or Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent with B.E/ B.Tech in Electronics and Tele communication Engineering or equivalent or Computer Science Engineering/Information Technology or equivalent or Geoinformatics/Geomatics or equivalent in First Class.||Working experience in Geoweb services/ Spatial Decision Support System/Spatial Data Infrastructure/ Location based services Photogrammetry/ LIDAR data processing/ Microwave experience/Big Data Analytics/ Geospatial Dashboard analysis, etc. for geospatial data|
|RS10||Research Scientist [Level 10]||Data Science||01||M.E/M.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering/Information Technology/Data Science or equivalent with B.E/B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering / Information Technology or equivalent in First Class.||Working experience in implementing AI/ MI/DL based applications, development of loT based applications, development of dashboard applications with data analytics tools, Good grasp of programming and data analytic tools such as C++, Java, Python, R, Hadoop,etc.|
|Project: Doppler Weather Radar (DWR) at Sohra (Cherrapunjee)|
|RS11||Research Scientist [Level 10]||Electronics||02||M.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/Electrical & Electronics Engineering or equivalent.||Experience in radar systems, digital signal processing, programming knowledge in MATLAB, FORTRAN and conversant with LINUX operating system.|
Number of positions indicated above is provisional and may vary depending on the actual requirement.
1 M.E./M.Tech or equivalent post graduate degree in 1 st class with an aggregate minimum of 60% or CGPA/CPI grading of 6.5 on a 10 scale or equivalent.
2. M.Sc degree should be in first class with an aggregate minimum of 65% (average of all semesters) or CGPA/CPI grading of 6.84 on a 10 scale or equivalent.
3. अं को/सी.जी.पी.ए. े डग के राउं डग ऑफ क अनुमित नह है। / Rounding-off marks/CGPA Grading is not allowed
4. All degrees should be duly recognized by AICTE/UGC, or any other organization authorized by Government of India to do so.
(i) Candidates having M.E./M.Tech degree in the relevant discipline must clearly mention with supporting proof, the specialization/ dissertation/ thesis in the relevant field for consideration of their application.
(ii) Teaching experience in the related fields will be considered provided necessary supporting document by the concerned authority of the institute on the list of subjects taught by the applicant.
(iii) Experience letter should contain the details of work done by the applicant under different projects.
(iv) In case of foreign degree holders where the documents/degree/certificates are not in English then translation and authorized transcription must be attached and equivalency certificate from Association of Indian University (AIU) must also be scanned and attached. Failure to produce equivalency certificate at the time of interview shall lead to disqualification.
(v) Selection will be purely based on performance in the interview.
(vi) The qualification prescribed and the benchmark are only the MINIMUM requirement and fulfilling the same does not automatically make a candidate eligible Interview.
(vii) The Centre reserves the right not to fill up any of the posts, if it so decides.
Selected candidates will be offered the fellowship as Research Scientist in the Level 10 of the Pay Matrix ( 56100-177500). The gross emoluments in the minimum of Pay Band will at present be approximately 56100/-. In addition HRA and medical benefits for self only will be allowed as per rules.
35 years as on 23.03.2020 (40 years in case of SC/ST candidates and 38 years
for OBC candidates). Ex-serviceman and Persons with Disabilities are eligible for age relaxation
as per Government of India orders. Candidates claiming age relaxation have to submit valid
These Research Scientist positions are purely on temporary basis
for a period of one year which can be further extended based on the performance of the candidate
in the periodical reviews, for a maximum period of 03 (three) years in total or co-terminus with the
project, whichever is earlier. The position of Research Scientist will not confer any claim or right
for regular employment in NESAC and the service of Research Scientist are liable to be
terminated without any notice and without assigning any reasons thereof.
The Director, NESAC reserves the right to cancel/postpone the interview without any reason thereof. He also reserves the right to terminate the contract, even before completion of the project for which no appeal thereof shall be made.
The qualification prescribed is the minimum requirement and
possession of the same does
automatically make the candidates eligible to be called for
interview. A duly constituted Screening Committee shall screen the applications received for the
posts based on the following
• 80% weightage on marks obtained in the qualifying degree (Essential Qualification).
• 20% weightage on experience on the relevant field [full marks for relevant experience for 4 years or more, and proportionately for any period (only completed months) below four years].
• The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice as followed by the respective University/Institution. In case of grades/CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/Institution. If any University/Institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
• In case candidate is claiming equivalent specialization, he/she has to obtain certificate from his/her institute/university stating that the specialization is equivalent to the one asked in the advertisement for the post applied for. Final decision on this will be taken by the Screening Committee. The screened-in/shortlisted candidates will be called for interview before the Selection Committee. Communication shall be sent only to the screened-in/shortlisted candidates. NESAC will not entertain any correspondence on the issue of short-listing of candidates. The call letters for the interview to the short-listed candidates will be sent only by e-mail . No communication shall be made to the candidates who are not shortlisted/Screened in.
The application form will be hosted in the NESAC web-site
www.nesac.gov.in from 02.03.2020 Last date for submissi on of On-line Application Forms is
23.03.2020 and closing time will be 16.00 Hrs. Candidates need to apply through online mode
After registration take a print out of the application summary and the print-out is to be brought along with passport size photograph and documents supporting the data furnished in application at the time of Interview. Please note that site will not be open for printing after 16:00 hours of 06.04.2020. Registration Number should be recorded by the Candidate for all future correspondences with NESAC with regard to this advertisement.
1. Read the Detailed / Full Advertisement and all its Corrigendums / Addendums
3. Save and Print a copy of the submitted Online Application for future reference. The print copy need to be brought at the time of interview.
• Research Scientists are eligible for Leaves as per rules. Maternity Leave as per Govt. of India instructions would be available to all female Research Scientists.
• Candidates called for interview will have to produce all relevant original documents in proof of details furnished in their applications including print out of the application summary along with a set of attested photo copies at the time of interview. In case any information furnished in the application is found to be wrong or false, the candidate will not be interviewed.
• Candidates already in employment under Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertakings or Autonomous Bodies required to bring “No Objection Certificate” from the employer concerned, at the time of interview failing which the candidate will not be interviewed.
• The selected candidates may likely be posted in NESAC, Umiam, Meghalaya. However the NESAC reserves the right to post the candidates anywhere in India as and when required.
• Only Indian Nationals should apply.
• Canvassing in any form will result in disqualification.
• No interim correspondence will be entertained. In case of any issues pertaining to online application, candidates may send mail to email@example.com with clearly mentioning the name of the post in the subject of the e-mail otherwise the query may not be responded and NESAC will not be responsible for not responding.
• 23.03.2020 will be cut-off date for all purposes like age, qualification, etc.
• The prescribed experience should have been acquired after acquiring the essential qualification.
• No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
• GOVERNMENT STRIVES TO HAVE A WORKFORCE WHICH REFLECTS GENDER BALANCE AND WOMEN CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
It is for the candidate to ensure that he / she fulfills the eligibility criteria and complied with the requirements and adhere to the instructions contained in this advertisement as well as in the application form. Candidates are, therefore, urged to carefully read the advertisement and complete the application form and submit the same as per instructions given in this regard.
|OPENING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF ONLINE RECRUITMENT APPLICATION THROUGH NESAC WEBSITE IS ON 02.03.2020||CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF ONLINE RECRUITMENT APPLICATION THROUGH NESAC WEBSITE IS 16.00 HRS ON 23.03.2020||THE LAST DATE FOR PRINTING OF COMPLETELY SUBMITTED ONLINE APPLICATION IS 06.04.2020||DATE FOR DETERMINING THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL CANDIDATES IN EVERY RESPECT SHALL BE THE PRESCRIBED CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISISON OF ONLINE RECRUITMENT APPLICATION. THE APPLICANTS ARE ADVISED TO FILL IN ALL THEIR PARTICULARS IN THE ONLINE RECRUITMENT APPLICATION CAREFULLY.||DATE FOR THE INTERVIEW ON WHICH THE SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES AREREQUIRED TO BRING THE PRINTOUT OF HIS/HER ONLINE APPLICATIONALONGWITH OTHER DOCUMENTS AT NESAC SHALL BE INTIMATEDSEPARATELY.||CANDIDATE SHOULD UPLOAD THE MERGED DEGREE AND MARKSHEETS IN ONE PDF FILE FOR ONE PARTICULAR QUALIFICATION e.g. FOR B.TECH, DEGREE & MARKSHEETS OF ALL THE SEMESTERS SHOULD BE MERGED AND UPLOADED AND SIMILARLY FOR OTHERS ALSO.|