North Eastern Space Applications Centre (NESAC) is an autonomous body set up under the joint initiative of Department of Space (DOS) and the North Eastern Council (NEC). The main function of the Centre is to provide developmental support to the North Eastern Region (NER) of our country using space science and technology.
|Post Code No.||No. of posts||Project Name||Essential Qualifications||Desirable Working Experience|
|JRF01||01||Desertification and Land Degradation: Monitoring, Vulnerability Assessment and Combating Plans.||M. Sc in Agriculture/ Botany/ Environment Sciences/
Forestry/ Geography/ Geology with Post Graduate Diploma in Remote Sensing & GIS with NET/ GATE or Equivalent.*
M. Sc in Agriculture/ Botany/ Environment Sciences/ Forestry/ Geography/ Geology with Post Graduate Diploma in Remote Sensing & GIS with N-JET in Agriculture specialization.
M. Sc in Geoinformatics/ Remote Sensing & GIS with NET/ GATE or Equivalent.
M. Sc in Geoinformatics/ Remote Sensing & GIS with N-JET in RS & GIS specialization.**
M. Tech in Geoinformatics/ Remote Sensing & GIS or Equivalent.
| • Analysis of Microwave & Hyperspectral Imagery
• Exposure to ENVI/MATLAB/ SPSS Software.
|JRF02||01||Maize area and production estimation in NER and UAV – based Experiments over Selected Crop patches (Under SUFALAM Program).||M. Sc in Agriculture/ Physics/ Botany/ Geography/
Environmental Science/ Remote Sensing and GIS with
NET/GATE or Equivalent.*
M. Sc in Agriculture/ Physics/ Botany/ Geography/ Environmental Science/ Remote Sensing and GIS with N-JET in RS & GIS specialization.**
M.Tech in RS and GIS/ Geoinformatics/ Geomatics
|• Working Experience in Remote Sensing applications in Agriculture particularly in the area of Microwave/ Hyperspectral Data Processing.|
|JRF03||01||Estimation of above ground Biomass using SAR data for selected forests of North East Region.||M. Sc in Environmental Science/ Ecology/ Ecology &
Environment/ Ecology & Environmental Sciences/ Earth Science/Physics/Electronics & Communication or equivalent/Geoinformatics/ Remote Sensing and GIS with specialization in forestry & allied subject with NET/GATE or equivalent.*
M. Sc in Environmental Science/ Ecology/ Ecology & Environment/ Ecology & Environmental Sciences/ Earth Science/Physics/Electronics & Communication or equivalent/Geoinformatics/ Remote Sensing and GIS with specialization in forestry & allied subject with N-JET in RS & GIS specialization.**
M. Tech in Environmental Science/ Ecology/ Ecology & Environment/ Ecology & Environmental Sciences/Earth Science/Physics/Electronics & Communication or equivalent/Geoinformatics/ Remote Sensing and GIS with specialization in forestry & allied subject.
|• Working experience in RS & GIS, Working knowledge in Microwave, programming skills (PYTHON/ MATLAB) preferred.|
|JRF04||01||Network of Boundary Layer Experiments (NOBLE)||M.Sc. in Physics/ Atmospheric Science/ Space
Science/ Atmospheric Physics/ Physical Science or
Equivalent with NET/GATE or equivalent.*
M.Sc. in Physics/ Atmospheric Science/ Space Science/ Atmospheric Physics/ Physical Science or Equivalent with N-JET in Atmospheric Science Specialization.**
M. Tech in Physics/ Atmospheric Science/ Space Science/ Atmospheric Physics/ Physical Science or Equivalent.
|• Knowledge on programming language like MATLAB, FORTRAN, PYTHON etc.|
|JRF05||02||Preparation of Remote Sensing and Geographical Information System based inputs for Forest Working Plan for Arunachal Pradesh||M.Sc. Forestry/ Forest Science/ Environmental
Science/ Ecology & Environmental Science/ Agriculture/ Botany/ Geography/ Applied Geography/ Remote Sensing & GIS/ Geo-informatics, or equivalent with Graduation in Science with NET/GATE or equivalent.*
M.Sc. Forestry/ Forest Science/ Environmental Science/ Ecology & Environmental Science/ Agriculture/ Botany/ Geography/ Applied Geography/ Remote Sensing & GIS/ Geo-informatics, or equivalent with Graduation in Science with N-JET specialization in RS & GIS.**
M.Tech in Remote Sensing & GIS/ Geo-informatics Spatial Information with Graduation in natural Science.
|• Knowledge of field sampling/ ecological data collection or handling RS & GIS software.|
|JRF06||01||Molecular platform for epidemiology, disease mapping and development of diagnostics for economically important diseases of ducks.||M.Sc. Environmental Science/ Ecology &
Environmental Science/ Life Science/ Zoology/ Wildlife Science/ Forestry/ Forest Science/ Agriculture/ Botany/ Geography/ Applied Geography/ Remote Sensing & GIS/ Geoinformatics, or equivalent with Graduation in Science with NET/GATE or equivalent.*
M.Sc. Environmental Science/ Ecology & Environmental Science/ Life Science/ Zoology/ Wildlife Science/ Forestry/ Forest Science/ Agriculture/ Botany/ Geography/ Applied Geography/ Remote Sensing & GIS/ Geoinformatics, or equivalent with Graduation in Science with N-JET specialization in RS & GIS.**
M. Tech in Remote Sensing & GIS/ Geo-informatics/ Spatial Information with Graduation in Science.
|• Knowledge of field sampling/ ecological data collection or handling RS & GIS software.|
|JRF07||01||Flood Early Warning Systems (FLEWS), Assam||M.E./ M. Tech in Civil Engineering (In Water related specialization)/ Agriculture Engineering (In Water related specialization)/ Water Resources/ Water Resources Engineering/ Water Resources Management/ Hydrology/ Hydraulics/ Watershed Management.
M.E./ M. Tech in Remote Sensing & GIS (with specialization & dissertation/ thesis in water Resources / Hydrology & related fields)
B.E./ B.Tech Degree in Civil Engineering/ Agriculture Engineering in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% marks (average of all semester) or CGPA/CPI grading of 6.84 on a 10 scale or equivalent.
|• GIS based Hydrological, Hydraulic and Hydrodynamic modeling.|
|JRF08||01||Flood Early Warning Systems (FLEWS)||M.Sc. in Physics/ Mathematics/ Meteorology/ Atmospheric Science/ Earth System Science with NET/ GATE or Equivalent.*
M.Sc. in Physics/ Mathematics/ Meteorology/ Atmospheric Science/ Earth System Science with N- JET in Atmospheric Science Specialization.**
M.Tech in Physics/ Mathematics/ Meteorology/ Atmospheric Science/ Earth System Science.
|• Experience in Satellite Meteorology, Numerical Weather Prediction with programming knowledge in MATLAB, FORTRAN and conversant with LINUX Operating System.|
* NET/NET Equivalent qualifications:
i. CSIR-UGC National Eligibility Test including NET-Lecturership
ii. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) conducted by MHRD
iii. Joint Admission Test (JAM) conducted by MHRD
iv. Biotechnology Eligibility Test & Test conducted in Bio-informatics by Bio-informatics National Consortium.
v. Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST), Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology & Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS) conducted by Department of Atomic Energy.
vi. All India Competitive Examination (AICE) conducted by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research.
** N-JET (NESAC JRF Eligibility Test):
The N-JET 2017 and N-JET 2018 was conducted at NESAC on 23.03.2017 and 13.03.2018 respectively. Candidates having valid Score Cards may apply directly.
i) NET/NET Equivalent qualifications should be in the discipline/specialization of the essential qualification.
ii) Number of positions indicated above is provisional and may vary depending on the actual requirement.
iii) M.Tech/M.E. or its equivalent degree should be in first class with an aggregate minimum of 60% or CGPA/CPI grading of 6.5 on a 10 scale or equivalent.
iv) M.Sc. degree should be in first class with an aggregate minimum of 65% (average of all semesters) or CGPA/CPI grading of 6.84 on a 10 scale or equivalent.
v) Rounding-off marks is not allowed.
(vi) Selection will be purely based on performance in the interview.
(vii) Candidates having M.E./M.Tech degree in the relevant discipline must clearly mention with supporting proof, the specialization/ dissertation/ thesis in the relevant field for consideration of their application.
(viii) Teaching experience in the related fields will be considered provided necessary supporting document by the concerned authority of the institute on the list of subjects taught by the applicant.
(ix) Experience letter should contain the details of work done by the applicant under different projects.
(x) In case of foreign degree holders where the documents/degree/certificates are not in English then translation and authorized transcription must be attached and equivalency certificate from Association of Indian University (AIU) must also be scanned and attached. Failure to produce equivalency certificate at the time of interview shall lead to disqualification.
(xi) The qualification prescribed and the benchmark are only the MINIMUM requirement and fulfilling the same does not automatically make a candidate eligible Interview
(xii) The Centre reserves the right not to fill up any of the posts, if it so decides.
Fellowship amount: 31,000/- per month.
In addition to the above mentioned fellowship amount, HRA at the prescribed rates in force at the place of posting will be paid and Medical benefits for self only will be allowed as per extant rules. The fellowship amount shall be taken as Basic pay for this purpose.
JRFs are eligible only for casual leave. Maternity leave as per Govt. of India instructions would be available to all female JRFs. Apart from this, the candidates selected will not be entitled to any benefits or concessions admissible to regular employees.
Maximum Age 28 years as on 23.03.2020 but relaxable by 5 years in case of SC/ST and 3 years in case of OBC candidates. Persons with Disabilities are eligible for age relaxation as per Government of India orders. Age relaxation as per Government of India orders are applicable to Ex-Servicemen, Persons with Disabilities (PWD).
All the above posts are purely on contractual basis and co- terminus with the project without any provision for regularization. Junior Research Fellows will be engaged initially for ONE YEAR or the period of the Project whichever is earlier and is extendable for further periods based on assessment of their work and requirement of project. The maximum period of engagement of Junior Research Fellow shall not exceed FIVE years. The fellowship will not confer any claim or right for regular appointment in any of ISRO/DOS Centres.
The Director, NESAC reserves the right to cancel/postpone the interview without any reason thereof. He also reserves the right to terminate the contract, even before completion of the project for which no appeal thereof shall be made.
The qualification prescribed is the minimum requirement and possession of the same does not automatically make the candidates eligible to be called for interview. A duly constituted Screening Committee shall screen the applications received for the posts based on the following:
• 80% weightage on marks obtained in the qualifying degree (Essential Qualification). 20% weightage on experience on the relevant field [full marks for relevant experience for 4 years or more, and proportionately for any period (only completed months) below four years].
• The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice as followed by the respective University/Institution. In case of grades/CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/Institution. If any University/Institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
• In case candidate is claiming equivalent specialization, he/she has to obtain certificate from his/her institute/university stating that the specialization is equivalent to the one asked in the advertisement for the post applied for. Final decision on this will be taken by the Screening Committee. The screened-in/shortlisted candidates will be called for interview before the Selection Committee. Communication shall be sent only to the screened-in/shortlisted candidates. NESAC will not entertain any correspondence on the issue of short-listing of candidates. The call letters for the interview to the short- listed candidates will be sent only by e-mail. No communication shall be made to the candidates who are not short-listed/Screened in. Candidates who do not fulfill eligibility condition will not be considered for the interview.
The application form will be hosted in the NESAC web-site www.nesac.gov.in from 02.03.2020. Last date for submission of On-line Application Forms is 23.03.2020 and closing time will be 16.00 Hrs. Candidates need to apply through online mode only.
After registration take a print out of the application summary and the print-out is to be brought along with passport size photograph and documents supporting the data furnished in application at the time of Interview. Please note that site will not be open for printing after 16.00 Hrs. of 06.04.2020. Registration Number should be recorded by the Candidate for all future correspondences with NESAC with regard to this advertisement.
1. Read the Detailed / Full Advertisement and all its Corrigendums / Addendums
3. Save and Print a copy of the submitted Online Application for future reference. The print copy need to be brought at the time of interview.
• Only passed candidates are eligible to apply. Students awaiting for final result need not to apply.
• Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidates.
• Applications will be through online mode only and all further communications will be made to the applicants through e-mail/NESAC website only. Therefore, the applicants are advised to check their e-mail and visit the NESAC website from time to time. NESAC will not take responsibility for non-receipt of intimation regarding call letter/any communication due to technical reasons or whatsoever to the candidates
• The selected candidates shall be posted at NESAC, Umiam but are also liable to be posted in any place in India at the discretion of Director, NESAC as and when required.
• Candidates called for interview will have to produce all relevant original documents in proof of details furnished in the application along with a set of self-attested photocopies. Candidates who are already employed under Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertakings or Autonomous Bodies will also have to produce the 'No Objection Certificate', in original including print out of the application summary, at the time of interview. In case the candidate fails to produce any of the above documents or if any information furnished in the application is found to be wrong or false, the candidate will not be interviewed.
• The selected JRFs are encouraged to register for Ph.D from recognized universities and take up relevant research topic benefitting the individual and NESAC. However they have to work extra time to complete the Ph.D research. No leave is admissible for Ph.D work.
• No interim correspondence will be entertained. In case of any issues pertaining to online application, candidates may send mail to email@example.com with clearly mentioning the name of the post in the subject of the e-mail otherwise the query may not be responded and NESAC will not be responsible for not responding.
• 23.03.2020 will be cut-off date for all purposes like age, qualification, etc.
• The prescribed experience should be after acquiring the essential qualification
• Only Indian Nationals need to apply.
• No TA/DA shall be paid for attending the interview.
• Government strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
It is for the candidate to ensure that he / she fulfills the eligibility criteria and complies with the requirements and adheres to the instructions contained in this advertisement as well as in the application form. Candidates are, therefore, urged to carefully read the advertisement and complete the application form and submit the same as per instructions given in this regard.
|OPENING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF ONLINE RECRUITMENT APPLICATION THROUGH NESAC WEBSITE IS ON 02.03.2020||CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF ONLINE RECRUITMENT APPLICATION THROUGH NESAC WEBSITE IS 16.00 HRS ON 23.03.2020||THE LAST DATE FOR PRINTING OF COMPLETELY SUBMITTED ONLINE APPLICATION IS 06.04.2020||DATE FOR DETERMINING THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL CANDIDATES IN EVERY RESPECT SHALL BE THE PRESCRIBED CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISISON OF ONLINE RECRUITMENT APPLICATION. THE APPLICANTS ARE ADVISED TO FILL IN ALL THEIR PARTICULARS IN THE ONLINE RECRUITMENT APPLICATION CAREFULLY.||DATE FOR THE INTERVIEW ON WHICH THE SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ARE REQUIRED TO BRING THE PRINTOUT OF HIS/HER ONLINE APPLICATION ALONGWITH OTHER DOCUMENTS AT NESAC SHALL BE INTIMATED SEPARATELY.||CANDIDATE SHOULD UPLOAD THE MERGED DEGREE AND MARKSHEETS IN ONE PDF FILE FOR ONE PARTICULAR QUALIFICATION e.g. FOR B.TECH, DEGREE & MARKSHEETS OF ALL THE SEMESTERS SHOULD BE MERGED AND UPLOADED AND SIMILARLY FOR OTHERS ALSO.|